Peter Petrich – Curriculum Vitae.
- Birthdate: March 3, 1961 in Vienna
- 1981 graduation from the Higher Secondary School
for Horticulture in Schönbrunn, Vienna.
- 1985 founded Biotop Landschaftsgestaltung GmbH.
- 1987 winner of the Conservation Award –
Austrian prize for environmental protection featuring the idea
of the natural pool as an ecological alternative to the chlorinated
- 1996 graduation in landscape ecology and landscaping
at the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences,
Vienna. In his master thesis, he focused intensively on the
topic of water quality in artificial bathing ponds.
Numerous national and international lectures on the topic of
water in the garden
- Since 1985 managing partner of the Biotop Landschaftsgestaltung
GmbH. The company has 40 employees and specializes in the fields
of design with water and especially the building of natural
pools. Holder of several patents and winner of numerous prizes
in the field of natural pool building. Biotop operates a license system in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Israel, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey and the USA. Together with the licensees, more than 4,000 Biotop Natural Pools have been built so far, 30 of these for public use.
- Last publication: co-author of the book “Der
Schwimmteich“, Callwey Publishing Company 2006.